Whole building energy modeling and simulations are a very important part of any high performance building design and is a very useful tool to help projects arrive at the optimum specifications and design that is cost-effective and still helps achieve the desired energy goals. En3’s in-house team of energy experts and analysts help projects analyze their designs, review HVAC design approaches and configurations, evaluate energy efficiency strategies and set performance targets for projects to achieve within specific budgets.
Specifically our services include:
- Whole building energy simulation including fenestration analysis, wall and roof assembly optimization, HVAC, lighting and other systems analysis
- Review of passive design techniques and their feasibility for buildings
- Sun path analysis, shading analysis, radiation analysis
- Daylighting simulations and views analysis
- Peer review of HVAC and Electrical designs to ascertain optimum sizing and configurations for maximum energy efficiency
- Renewable energy studies for on-site and off-site solar, geothermal, wind, biomass, biogas and cogeneration systems